A Beginning Advantagecustomerservice@abeginningadvantage.com
Call Toll Free 1.877.481.1122
PO Box 1000 • Siloam Springs, AR 72761
Spelling Placement Test A
"Number your paper from one to twenty. I will say the word once, use the word in a sentence, then say the word again. Write the word beside the correct number on your paper."
The man is tall.
I like my red hat.
We did not go to the park.
This big dog barks a lot.
They will run the race.
The gift is for him.
The ball is yellow.
We hiked to the top of the hill.
It is a sunny day.
I will ride my bike in the parade.
The green light means go.
I have ten fingers.
Look at the funny clown.
The boy kicked the ball.
My mother is baking bread.
The flowers are for you.
The sky looks blue today.
Did you tell her about Jesus.
Tell your friend to come in.
You and I will ride at the park.
If the student correctly spells 17 to 20 words:
• Assign the student to the Level A program.
• Encourage the student to work independently.
• Assign all challenge activities.
• Use the supplemental activities (1 per week) from Appendix A.
If the student correctly spells 8 to 16 words:
• Allow occasional opportunities to work independently.
• Regularly offer challenge activities.
If the student correctly spells 0 to 7 words:
• Assign the student to the Level A program,
but use only the regular lessons without the challenge activities.
• Encourage completion of all phonics activities (1 per day)
before beginning the regular lessons.