A Beginning Advantagecustomerservice@abeginningadvantage.com
Call Toll Free 1.877.481.1122
PO Box 1000 • Siloam Springs, AR 72761
Spelling Placement Test D
"Number your paper from one to twenty. I will say the word once, use the word in a sentence, then say the word again. Write the word beside the correct number on your paper."
I have to practice the piano.
I meant to finish my project.
I painted at the art station.
The log is hollow.
We will rescue the kitten.
She had a funny dream.
I will pretend to be a gorilla.
He put a wreath on the door.
His cough is getting worse.
I can't decide what to buy.
I shouldn't bounce on the bed.
It is my fault the books fell.
The garbage truck came today.
She is curious about the package.
We made a choice to obey.
I'd rather play tag than swing.
I made a large cardboard castle.
The fountain is lit up at night.
That is my favorite cereal.
She made the cookies by herself.
If the student correctly spells 17 to 20 words:
• Assign the student to the Level D program.
• Encourage the student to work independently.
• Assign all challenge activities.
• Use the supplemental activities (1 per week) from Appendix A.
If the student correctly spells 8 to 16 words:
• Allow occasional opportunities to work independently.
• Regularly offer challenge activities.
If the student correctly spells 0 to 7 words:
• Administer the Level C placement test.
• Based on the results, you may either:
a) Assign the Level C worktext, or
b) Assign the Level D worktext,
but use regular lessons only without the Challenge Activities.